Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm back!

Well, after almost three weeks away, I'm finally back home and ready to post some of my photos that I took while being on holiday. My husband and I just arrived home today. We have been on a camping holiday with friends and it was truly great. I feel so relaxed and fortunate to have seen so many beautiful places.
It is summer here in Australia, and the beaches are magnificent. The last three weeks we have pretty much seen the beach everyday. We camped in several different spots, seeing some new parts of our state that we haven't seen before.

For the first ten days of our holiday, we were involved in what we call a 'beach mission' which is sort of like a Vacation Bible School, but it is run in a holiday park for the families visiting. Sort of like a really short missions trip. We run different activities for children - teaching them about Jesus and the Bible. We met lots of young people who were keen to attend each day and it was a great time of fellowship with other believers (who were on team) and sharing our faith with those people holidaying around us.

After beach mission was finished we had another two weeks where we travelled around and relaxed with our good friends Ben and Kylie and their gorgeous 7 month old little boy, Samson. My husband treated me to two nights at a beach side resort before we came home. It was very nice indeed - in fact, we spent part of our honeymoon at this resort four and a half years ago, so it was nice to go back. And after camping for such a long time, it was great to be pampered. Here are some of the photos.

Ben and little Samson (enjoying his first swim at the beach!)
One of the unbelievable beaches we stayed at - it was sooo beautiful in the water!

Kylie, checking the dinner cooking.

Shaun and Kristy enjoying their dinners.

Craig & Ben cooking dinner one night - a Jamie Oliver pasta, yum!

The boys hung the clean washing between the cars on the beach to dry - brilliant!
My husband and I at the beach near our resort yesterday

I love this one of Craig!

Another beach shot. Love it!

On the boardwalk from our room to the beach. The pool overlooking the ocean.

Isn't it beautiful?

The view from the restaurant where we had breakfast every morning.

I'm looking forward to catching up my reading of the blogs I visit, and although it was a great time away, there is something nice about being home.
*I've just heard that one of my close friends was on the plane that crashed into the Hudson River. She is visiting family in the US, praise God everyone was ok!

1 comment:

Tammi said...

Hi-came across your blog from JOY's HOPE...i love the fact that your are in Australia..are you originally from there? I live in Texas and Australia is one place on my list of "must travels"...this resort is GEORGOUS!! Do you mind me asking the name and location and or weblink of it? I like to keep a travel notebook where i jot down places to stay, etc.. thanks so much..blessings...