Monday, January 26, 2009

Crafty update

I finished sewing a little Babushka doll for my god daughter's first birthday this coming Thursday. While I was making it, I thought it would be cute to make her a little matching t-shirt. I had a new white singlet and drew up a design and this is how it turned out. Hopefully she'll like it! It was fun to make, definitely one that I'd do again.



It is 'Australia Day' today - a national holiday for all us Aussies. My husband and I are going over to my best friend's house, along with some others for dinner and to play board games, go for a swim and hang out together - it should be great.
I go back to work tomorrow (I'm a teacher) after about five and a half weeks holiday. I'm not dreading it, but it is always a little difficult to go back after such a nice break. I work part-time, while we wait to hopefully start a family of our own very soon. I'm looking forward to meeting my new classes, and teaching some of the students I taught last year. Please pray that it is an easy transition!

3 comments:

Our Story said...

Welcome back! I love the little tank top you made...it's adorable!

Jules said...

LOVE THESE CUTIES!! I got my package and I am in love. You are so very sweet, generous and thoughtful!!! The fabric is perfection. I adore it. Can't wait to get sewing some summery goodness with it. Email me your addy... I want to send you a treat too. Did you use a pattern for the doll? I would love to make one too.
Thanks so much!!

Holly said...

That is the most adorable set ever! I'm sure she'll love it!