Thursday, April 16, 2009

A little sewing project

I like to be organised. That is part of the reason why my husband and I are going to find out what gender our baby is - and I can't wait! We find out in a little under three weeks, and then look out sewing machine - I'll be sewing up a storm - creating a baby quilt, sewing some cute little clothes and creating the nursery.

Last year I made the boy version of a little raggy patchwork quilt - super easy design, out of flannels. My idea was to have a "travel" quilt that stays in the car and can be taken around the place when our little one gets cold. So, with the idea that this baby could possibly be a girl, I had to make a girly version too, just in case. I made this one out of pink flannel and a monkey design. I really love them - what do you think? They are super cuddly.

I'm now thinking of making simple little cotton carry bags to put them in. I'm really itching to sew, but I'm finding that I can't really do too much more until we find out whether it is a boy or girl. There are so many beautiful ideas on the internet and so many unbelievably creative people - it is very inspiring.

Anyway....I'm off to get some more ideas. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know this is probably a really obvious question but to my befuddled and sleep-deprived brain, the answer isn't immediately jumping out, LOL - is there a tutorial for these little cuties somewhere on the net? I know, they're just squares of fabric stitched together, hardly rocket science, but I flunked rocket science, so.....

LOL...

Cheers,
Lizzie

Timi said...

I like your travel quilts, they look lovely!:-)

Timi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.